If you have already created your Nevada LLC and want to switch your registered agent, you will need to follow certain steps and regulations to finish this process.
Our team of LLC experts can help you navigate the paperwork process of changing your Nevada LLC's registered agent.
With our years of experience and specialized knowledge, we can provide you with a comprehensive guide and ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
- To change registered agents in Nevada, complete the Statement of Change form and submit it to the Nevada Secretary of State's Commercial Recordings Division,
- The processing time for changing your registered agent in Nevada can vary, but it generally takes a few days to a few weeks for the state to process.
- You can file the Statement of Change either in person or by email, along with the filing fee.
Who Can Be A Nevada Registered Agent?
Nevada registered agents can be either individuals who are residents of Nevada or business entities (corporations or LLCs) authorized to transact business in Nevada.
The registered agent must meet the following requirements:
- A physical street address in Nevada where they can receive legal documents and official correspondence on behalf of the business entity they represent.
- Operate during regular business hours.
How To Change Your Nevada Registered Agent?
To change your Nevada registered agent, you need to fill out and submit a "Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity" form to the Nevada Secretary of State.
The change of registered agent form can be filed by mail, email, fax, or using a registered agent service.
To change your registered agent in Nevada, you must pay a filing fee of $60. If you want expedited service within 24 working hours, you can pay an additional filing fee of $25 .
In Nevada, you cannot change the registered agent listed on your annual report (also called the annual list).
To ensure that you can select the type of processing and mode of payment and delivery return, you must include the "Customer Order Instruction" form along with your Nevada registered agent change form .
To proceed with selecting your filing option, download the Statement of Change form from your online account on the Nevada Secretary of State website.
Your new agent must sign the form to give their consent.
Changing Your Registered Agent Using a Nevada Registered Agent Service
If you wish to change a registered agent in Nevada using a professional service, you should follow these steps:
1. Choose a reliable and reputable registered agent service specializing in Nevada's registered agent services.
2. Provide the new LLC registered agent with the necessary information about your business entity, including the business name, business address, and the name and contact information of the current registered agent.
3. The registered agent will file the registered agent paperwork and the "Certificate of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity" form with the Nevada Secretary of State to officially become the new registered agent for your business entity.
4. The registered agent will then notify the old registered agent and the represented entity of the change and provide the represented entity with the new registered agent's contact information.
5. The designated registered agent will begin receiving legal documents and official correspondence on behalf of the represented entity and forwarding them to the appropriate parties.
Once the change of registered agent is complete, it is important to update any relevant business records and inform any parties needing to know about the change, such as banks, vendors, and clients.
Changing Your Registered Agent Online
To submit a Statement of Change in Nevada, you can download the form from your online account on the Nevada Secretary of State website and complete it with the necessary information.
Once the form is completed, you can submit it via email to [email protected].
Ensure to include any required filing fees and double-check that all information on the form is accurate before submitting.
Upon receipt, the Nevada Secretary of State will review the form and notify you of any issues or necessary corrections.
Changing Your Registered Agent by Mail
If you want to change your registered agent by mail, download the form from your online account and submit it to the Nevada Secretary of State's Commercial Recordings Division in person.
The necessary form needs to be completed and printed out.
How Much Does The Change Of Registered Agent In Nevada Cost?
The change of registered agent in Nevada costs $60. An additional filing fee of $25 is required for expedited service within 24 hours.
What Is The Processing Time For Changing The Registered Agent In Nevada?
The processing time for changing your registered agent in Nevada takes 5-7 days. You can choose expedited processing by paying an additional fee ranging from $25 to $1000 on top of the standard filing fee.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Nevada?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Nevada if you meet the state's requirements. You must be a resident of Nevada or a corporation or LLC authorized to do business in Nevada. You must have a physical street address in the state where you can receive legal documents and official correspondence on behalf of your business entity.
Do You Want To Change Your Nevada Registered Agent?
Changing your registered agent in Nevada is an easy process that can be completed by following the necessary steps and submitting the required forms and fees.
To make sure you receive important legal documents and official correspondence for your business, it's essential to have a reliable registered agent.
If you need a reliable registered agent in Nevada, take a look at our list of the Best Registered Agent Services in Nevada.
Choosing the right registered agent can help your business run smoothly and stay compliant with the law.