Northwest Registered Agent vs Rocket Lawyer (2024)
If you are seeking a reliable LLC service to assist with incorporating your business but find yourself torn between Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer, this article will provide the clarity you need.
Since I've been working alongside various formation service providers for over a decade, I have sufficient knowledge of the system. I'll share my insights on the features, pricing, additional services, and customer support of both companies to help you decide which one best suits your business needs.
At a Glance: Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer
Founded in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has provided formation services to more than 3 million businesses across the state. They provide privacy, lifelong customer service, annual reports, an online document dashboard, and other services through third-party partnerships.
Rocket Lawyer is an online legal service that has serviced nearly 30 million individuals and businesses for the past 16 years. The company offers business formation and provides access to affordable legal services.
1. Northwest Registered Agent LLC Highlights
- Business formation services
- Registered agent services
- Ongoing compliance
- Corporate guides
2. Rocket Lawyer LLC Highlights
- Complete business formation services
- Document Defense®
- Registered agents
- Lawyer on-call services
- Rocket Tax
3. How Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer Stack Together
Northwest Registered Agent features comprehensive plans in forming an LLC, as well as additional services designed to keep the company compliant.
Rocket Lawyer provides affordable legal access in the form of consultations, document templates, tax preparation and filing, as well as other digital tools.
Side-by-Side LLC Plan Comparisons
Northwest and Rocket Lawyer both offer a variety of plans and subscription options that cater to the basic formation needs of a company.
1. Basic Plan: Northwest Special Business Formation Package
- Northwest's Special Business Formation Package ($39 + state fees): If you sign up with Venture Smarter's special package, Northwest will offer you comprehensive LLC formation, business address, mail forwarding, privacy by default plus a free registered agent service.
2. Mid-Level Plan Comparison: Northwest Business Formation Plan vs Rocket Lawyer RocketLegal
- Northwest's Business Formation Plan ($225 + state fees): This includes filing service, a registered agent service, domain registration, website, business email address and phone. A client of mine opted to include mail forwarding and EIN as supplements .
- RocketLegal Monthly Plan ($39.99 + state fees): As a Rocket Lawyer subscriber, you get numerous benefits, including legal forms templates, RocketSign®, a lawyer on call, Document Defense®, and 30-minute legal consultations .
3. Top-Level Plan: Rocket Lawyer RocketLegal+
- Rocket Lawyer RocketLegal+ Annual Plan ($239.88 + state fees): With this plan, we were offered all the basic features plus attorney services, business registration, Rocket Tax™, Trademark application and a registered agent, all for half the price.
Registered Agent Service
Northwest will act as your registered agent and receive your documents and perform service of process on behalf of your company for $125 annually.
You can avail of Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent service for $249.99 under the RocketLegal plan but you only have to pay half if you subscribe to RocketLegal+. This is the reason why I recommend RocketLegal+ to clients and colleagues.
Apart from the basic features included in the packages, Northwest and Rocket Lawyer offer additional services.
1. Virtual Office
A client of mine availed a virtual office service from Northwest for $29/month. You get a physical office location with experts who offer administrative services for your business.
Rocket Lawyer does not offer a virtual office feature.
2. Mail Forwarding
For $20 per month, Northwest will receive, process, scan, and forward all official mail for you. You can check their website to confirm if it is available in your state.
Rocket Lawyer does not offer a mail forwarding service.
3. Trademark Registration
Northwest will prepare and file your trademark registration after being reviewed by their company lawyers. A client paid $249 plus USPTO fees to establish the identity and reputation of his company.
Rocket Lawyer offers a trademark registration service for $699.99, but you only pay $349.99 if you avail of their RocketLegal+ plan.
Northwest customer service can be reached through phone or email.
Upon signing up with them, we received a Corporate Guide who walked us through the formation journey.
In our opinion, the personalized support that Northwest Registered Agent provides helps clients to connect with the representatives and receive a unique experience.
Rocket Lawyer has excellent customer service, and the representatives are available from 6 am to 6 pm PT from Monday to Friday.
We appreciate that the staff we contacted via email and phone were professional and dedicated to answering all our LLC-related questions.
Which LLC Service is Faster, Northwest Registered Agent or Rocket Lawyer?
Northwest Registered Agent service is faster as it offers an expedited service with a 1-2 business day turnaround period.
Do Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer Offer Refunds?
Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer offer refunds. Northwest has a 90-day refund policy, while Rocket Lawyer has a 30-day refund policy.
Northwest Registered Agent vs. Rocket Lawyer: Our Recommendation
Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer are decent LLC formation services with good features to help you launch your company.
In my experience, Rocket Lawyer would benefit your company with regard to legal concerns, while Northwest is ideal in forming an LLC.
If you're looking for an affordable LLC provider with complete service features, ZenBusiness is your best pick. ZenBusiness offers a $0 cost LLC formation package with crucial features like articles of organization, state filing and approval, tracking expenses and deductions, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
This LLC formation company also gives you access to a website domain, custom business website, and business email to build your online presence.