How Long Does It Take To Form An LLC In Wyoming? (Guide)
If you want to start a business in Wyoming, several factors can affect the timeline of your application.
As an expert in business formation and legal compliance, I've helped many entrepreneurs navigate the complexities of forming an LLC in Wyoming.
For more efficient processing of your application within the regular timeframe, you might want to contemplate engaging an LLC service in Wyoming.
Their experts possess a deep understanding of the required documents and the proper submission procedures to the Secretary of State, ensuring a streamlined process.
In this article, you'll learn how long it typically takes to form and launch an LLC in Wyoming.
- It takes one day to form an LLC in Wyoming if you file online, and 15 business days if you apply by mail.
- The state of Wyoming does not offer expedited processing.
- Once the LLC is approved, the Wyoming Secretary of State will issue a Certificate of Organization and the LLC will be officially formed and ready to conduct business.
- The filing process may be prolonged by inaccurate document information, time of the year the LLC was applied for or weekends and holidays.
What is The Fastest Way to start an LLC in Wyoming?
The fastest way to start an LLC in Wyoming is by filing through the state’s online portal. The processing time is typically 1 business day, and the company becomes operational immediately after the process is concluded .
You must create an account using your business name, a valid email address, and credit card details. You will also need to pay the filing fee of $102 before you can complete the process.
LLC Processing Time in Wyoming
The following are the LLC processing times for different filing methods in Wyoming.
1. Expedited Wyoming LLC Processing Time By Mail
Expedited processing by mail is not currently offered in the state of Wyoming. The documents are filed in the order that they were received .
2. Non-Expedited Wyoming LLC Processing Time By Mail (15 business days)
You can mail your LLC formation documents to the Wyoming Secretary of State's office. Non-expedited option takes a period of 15 days or less to be completed.
Make sure to include all the necessary information, such as the following:
- Name of your business entity
- The address of your business
- Registered agent’s contact information
- Signature of an authorized person
3. Wyoming LLC Processing Time Online (1 business day)
LLC online processing is the quickest way to file, process and approve your application for an LLC in Wyoming, since it only takes 1 business day.
See our article for the exact cost of an LLC in Wyoming.
Factors Influencing the Formation Timeline of Wyoming LLCs
Forming an LLC in Wyoming takes an average of 15 days, but the process may be prolonged due to several factors:
- Documents: The processing time may be extended if the documents submitted contain inaccurate information or lack necessary details. It may take another 15 days to file and process a Statement of Correction .
- Time of year: Applying for an LLC in Wyoming may be prolonged if you file at the beginning or the end of the year due to the large volume of documents the state has to process during this time. To avoid delays, file for your LLC when annual reports or tax deadlines are not due for other limited liability companies.
- Weekends and holidays: Since government agencies do not typically conduct business on weekends and holidays, your LLC application may take longer to process if you filed just before the weekend or during the holiday season.
Is Wyoming A Good State To Form An LLC?
Wyoming is a good state to form an LLC due to its business-friendly environment.
Do I Need A Lawyer To Form An LLC In Wyoming?
You do not need a lawyer to form an LLC in Wyoming. However, it's always a good idea to consult with an attorney to ensure you're making the right decisions for your business.
Do I Need A Registered Agent In Wyoming?
You need a registered agent in Wyoming. A registered agent is a person or company that accepts legal documents on behalf of your Wyoming LLC.