How To Change an LLC Name in Arkansas? (Step by Step Guide)
As an LLC owner in Arkansas who plans on changing their business name, you should comprehend the filing process and the rules you must follow to ensure the Arkansas Secretary of State approves your amendment application.
To assist you, our team of experienced business experts researched and navigated the Arkansas Secretary of State's website to inform you on how to amend your LLC name.
The article contains the necessary amendment documents as well as the proper filing procedure.
- To change an LLC name in Arkansas, you must fill out and submit the Certificate of Amendment with the Secretary of State.
- It costs a $25 filing fee to change a business name online in Arkansas and $25 to reserve for 120 days.
- Before changing a business name, select a new one that meets all the state's naming rules.
4 Steps To Change an LLC Name in Arkansas
Here's a detailed description of how to change an LLC name in Arkansas.
1. Choose a New Arkansas LLC Name
The first step in the name amendment process is to select a new legal or fictitious name for your business entity that adheres to all the Arkansas naming regulations:
- The name must have a limited liability company," or the abbreviations "LLC," "L.C.," "L.L.C.," or "LC."
- The legal or DBA name must be distinguishable from other companies.
- The name must not have certain words like "Federal" or "Treasury."
Once you have a name, the next action is to do a name search to see if it's available for use in the state.
In Arkansas, you must perform two name searches when selecting a new one for your LLC:
General LLC Name Search
Check the Arkansas Business Entity Search to see whether the name you want to use for your company is available.
You may also put your company's name or trademark on any search engine to look for firms with similar names.
Additionally, by doing this, you may avoid future legal troubles and guarantee that your trademark is distinctive and compliant with state regulations.
Domain Name Search
You must register for a domain name if your company Doing Business As (DBA name) is still available. Since this is how your future and current customers may reach your business, it is crucial to have a URL corresponding to your business name.
2. File a Name Reservation Form
Before formally registering your desired name in Arkansas, you can hold it in reserve for up to 120 days.
This will stop other companies from using your selected name until you are prepared to register it yourself.
The Arkansas Secretary of State will accept online or postal applications for name reservations which costs a $25 filing fee.
3. File an Arkansas Amendment Certificate
To complete the process of changing an LLC name in Arkansas, you must fill out and submit the Arkansas Certificate of Amendment to the Secretary of State .
You can complete the process by yourself or hire a professional registered agent service to file for you.
You must include the following details on the Arkansas Certificate of Amendment:
- The current Arkansas business name.
- The new legal name of the Arkansas LLC.
- The correct date of filing your Arkansas certificate of formation documents/articles of organization.
- The correct amendment adoption date.
When you have all the necessary details, you can fill out the Arkansas Certificate of Amendment and submit it to the Secretary of State to finish changing your company's trade name.
The Arkansas Secretary of State allows business owners to file the Certificate of Amendment online on the Corporations Online Filing System .
This is an easier and quicker way and takes a couple the minutes to be approved once payment is confirmed.
Alternatively, you can fill out and print the Arkansas Certificate of Amendment and mail it to the Secretary of State's physical office.
Mail your completed form to the following address:
Arkansas Secretary of State
1401 W. Capitol Ave., Suite 250
Little Rock, AR 72201
If you're submitting the form in person, direct it to the following address:
1401 W. Capitol Ave., Suite 250
Little Rock, AR 72201
4. Register For a Service Mark/Trade Mark
You can record and list your Arkansas LLC name with Business and Commercial Services (BCS) if it has any term, phrase, or symbol that you use to identify your services or commodities and to distinguish it from other companies.
Alternatively, you can use the Arkansas Trademark Search tool on the Secretary of State's website.
What To Do After You Change Your Arkansas LLC Name?
After you change an LLC name, you must update legal paperwork, licenses, financial accounts, and communication channels.
- Change your new Arkansas corporation name with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Apply for new state or municipal business licenses.
- Update your new name in the different sections of your LLC, including websites, emails, social media accounts, invoices, and other important legal documents.
- Update the new LLC name on your Arkansas formation documents, like the LLC operating agreement, after your members vote and agree.
- Change the name on your LLC business bank account, credit card information, cheques, and other financial instruments for your business.
How Much Does It Cost To Change a Business Name in Arkansas?
It costs $25 to change a business name in Arkansas online. The filing fee is for processing the Arkansas Certificate of Amendment.
How Long Does It Take To Change a Business Name in Arkansas?
It takes 2 business days to change a business name in Arkansas by mail and same-day delivery for in-person submissions. An online filing submitted by 3 PM will be processed within that day, but those received past that time will be handled the following business day.
Do You Need Help Changing Your Arkansas LLC Name?
As an Arkansas business owner, you might need to change your name for some reason during your company's existence.
We advise using IncFile amendment services to help you submit your Arkansas amendment form to ensure you follow the proper steps and maintain the good standing of your business.
With IncFile, you won't have to worry about missing documents and deadlines because they are physically present and available at the registered agent's office during regular business hours.
This LLC service is also acquainted with Arkansas business and compliance requirements, guaranteeing that your crucial legal paperwork is processed correctly and promptly.